5 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
1 ˝ pounds of boneless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons of fresh garlic, minced
3 small zucchini, rinsed well and dried, ends removed, and sliced thinly
1 15 ounce can of imported cherry tomatoes (can also use diced tomatoes)
2 cups of canned tomato sauce
3 tablespoons of fresh basil leaves, torn
2 tablespoons of fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, minced salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 pound of dry rotelle or tubular shaped pasta
˝ cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, sauté the minced garlic in 3 tablespoons of the olive oil for about 30 seconds. Be careful not to burn. Increase the heat to
medium-high. Add the chicken pieces and sauté for about 4-5 minutes. Reserve in a medium bowl.
2. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet and sauté the zucchini until light golden brown.
3. Add the cherry tomatoes and tomato sauce, the basil, two tablespoons of the minced parsley,
and salt and freshly ground pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the reserved chicken and continue to simmer while the pasta is cooking.
4. Meanwhile, bring 6 quarts of water, to which 2 tablespoons of salt has been added, to a boil.
Add the rotelle and stir, return to a boil, and cook just until al dente, about 10-11 minutes. Drain the pasta well, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
5. Ladle half of the sauce into a large, warm serving bowl. Add the drained pasta and top with the remaining sauce. Toss lightly and add some of the reserved cooking
water if necessary.
6. Garnish with the rest of the parsley and serve immediately. Pass the grated Parmesan separately.